Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

"Help! I’m so confused."

Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

Postby Lareinam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I've been seeing this guy for a month. First couple weeks were greats. After a couple weeks He stopped texting me and i can understand that he's busy. When I text him though he always says we should meet up. We're both busy people and our schedules don't match up so half the time when he asks me out I turn him down. For the past two weeks it's been me that initiates contact. I texted him 3 times with 4/5 days span in between. We finally decided on this Friday. My question is should I contact him on Friday for our date or should I wait for him to contact me. He's confusing me because he's giving me mixed signals. He says he wants to see me but at the same time he hasn't made any effort in the past two weeks to contact me
Lareinam

Re: Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

Postby bedazzle » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:15 pm

I would let him contact you about friday. If he doesn't then you have your answer.
bedazzle

Postby sweetiecheekie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Lareinam I am in the exact same position you are in. Been with this guy for a month and I am doing all the contacting and making plans. When we are together it is amazing and hard to think anything is wrong but then I hear nothing from him. If I text him he replies right away so I am confused. I am curious what is your current status with this guy? Are things better? I am debating about talking to him about it but I don't want to push or nag if nothing is wrong and that he just doesn't like texting.
sweetiecheekie

Postby kdelfino89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I only have one thing to say and I'm sure you will agree with me...

No matter how busy a guy is, if he's interested than he WILL make time for you.

& that is the complete truth. You can ask any of your guy friends. Do not waste time and effort in a guy who says he's "too busy" for you because time CAN be made.
kdelfino89

Postby sweetiecheekie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Kdelfino89 my confusion comes from just a lack of initiating contact. If I contact him he replies right away every time. He has never turned down an invite, even this past weekend when he was sick he still came to see me. When we are together it is so amazing that it's hard for me to think he doesn't like me. He holds my hand during the entire movie, puts his arm around me when we walk through paces, sneaks kisses in line for tickets and at the store, but then when we part ways I don't hear from him. I have asked my guy friends about it and they say that some guys just really don't like texting unless there is a need like to firm up plans etc. I don't know if I should say something to him or just go with the flow.
sweetiecheekie

Postby kdelfino89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 pm

I mean you could always ask him if hes more of a talking on the phone type of guy or texting? that way you get a better feel for things. And if you feel comfortable enough you can ask him how he really feels about you. From what you just told me he obviously does seem interested in you, maybe he just doesnt like to text the way your friends said. Or he could just be the type of person who doesnt like to initiate a conversation.
kdelfino89

Return to Why is he doing this?