Does not text me, but uses kik...... :/

"Help! I’m so confused."

Does not text me, but uses kik...... :/

Postby annabanana18 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 am

Just curious to know this. Does it mean something if a guy doesn't text your number, but instead through kik messenger (an app)? I just find it weird because no other guy I have ever talked to has ever tried talking to me through an app. Isn't texting just more convenient? And he's always mentioning sex like that's all he wants from me, but when I confronted him about it, he said no, which I do not believe. He supposedly wants to hang out with me, oh yeah and we used to date for 3 months. He all of a sudden started thinking about me, but his thoughts seem more like sexual ones. Should I see what he wants or just ignore him? He is the first one to message me on kik every night, but I haven't talked to him in 2 days. Do I message him and exactly why is he using kik messenger to talk to me? Its not like he cant afford texting! I guess I might be answering my own question. :/ I'm a college freshman in NYC and hes in his senior year of high school. I am a year older than him.
annabanana18

Re: Does not text me, but uses kik...... :/

Postby bedazzle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 am

You are right to be cautious when a man starts communicating with you sexually. That means that is what he is thinking about. A man who is interested in a woman would be respectful and also cautious about coming across too sexual as he would not want to scare her away. Since you have already dated, he clearly feels comfortable in this arena, and from the sounds of it most likely all he wants is sex. If you communicate with him or not is up to you, but I think you are wise to use your gut feeling on this one.

As far as using kik, I don't even know what that is. I personally do not like using email, texting or any social media as a primary form of communication. If anything it would only be used to convey a specific message. Such as "running 5 min late." But it does feel that you are a like a bit dramatic as to the means of communication he chooses to communicate with you. But again, I don't know what kik is, I am just picking up on the energy about it. And it may be that you are not comfortable with his intentions and that is what is coming through.

Follow your gut. Always.
bedazzle

Return to Why is he doing this?