He broke up with me...but I dont know the real reason

Getting over a break up is hard. Get some support and clarity here.

He broke up with me...but I dont know the real reason

Postby newtolove3 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:35 pm

My first love and I were dating for a year when he decided out of the blue that he didn't want to be with me anymore...I knew we were having problems but I didn't realize how big the problems were. He first told me that he felt paranoid about being with me (I come from a background where I am not allowed to date and we were sneaking around), the next time he told me that he was feeling distant and the relationship wont work, and his last reason (I've said my final goodbye so I don't know what his reason is or not) is that he wasn't happy in the relationship...and I feel heartbroken, confused and rejected. I know many people think their first love is forever...I did too, but the fact that he just threw away me and our relationship hurts me...I feel like I can't even get my closure because I don't know the real reason. I would assume it is not another girl since he isn't that kind of guy (but than again I thought he wouldn't break my heart so I have no idea). I feel disgusted with myself as well, I am a hopeless romantic and naive as well...I thought he would be the only one for me...so I gave him hjs (I am not proud of it whatsoever) because I thought it wouldn't matter since he would be the only one...and now I feel used and rejected because he has seen me unclothed, and he has touched me...when I only wanted the man I'd be with forever to see and touch me like that (im quite traditional or rather narrow minded in regards to relationships ( being together with one man forever)...but again naive). Also this was my first boyfriend, my first love and my first real heartbreak, so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
newtolove3

Re: He broke up with me...but I dont know the real reason

Postby Pahina » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm

It sounds like your guy gave you a few real reasons, the biggest one being that he wasn't happy.
No offense intended here but I'm curious to know how old you are. When you're young those first love feelings come on strong and can end in the blink of an eye.
You shouldn't beat yourself up...you did things with a guy you thought you were going to be with forever. Unfortunately he didn't feel the same way. Guys can make out and have sex, etc. without ever having one shred of feelings for someone.
If you only want to do those things with someone you'll be with forever, wait until you say "I do".
Pahina

Postby newtolove3 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 pm

yes I realized I should have waited to do that regardless of thinking that we'd last. This is my first time being in love and yes I know I sound very young, but I'm actually 19 (I'm new to relationships and love and heartbreak). I just feel extremely stupid and ignorant for blindly believing him and doing something I wasn't comfortable with, but I can't take it back so I guess I have to live with it.
newtolove3

Postby TheBetterPerson » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:25 am

you have your entire life ahead of you,
Yeah everyone thinks that the first love is forever and thats why you got intimate with him!
its human nature, dont beat yourself up about it!

Its over and TBH if he doesnt want to be with you then you shouldnt want to be with him!
Its hard when your breaks, mines only together with sticky tape the amount of times iv been crushed!

In time you will get over this, i promise you, the way i deal with break ups is to have a light at the end of a tunnell, SO what i do is get a calander 2 months worth and i mark down the days that i havent spoken to them, big fat cross on the days iv had and made no contact with them once two months go by i bet you any money you wont be care to out a cross on that day cause GUESS WHAT you will be over him!

i also regularly day dream about my future which keeps me entertained!!
TheBetterPerson

Return to How To Get Over Break Up