He Started Ignoring Me For No Reason-

Think you made a big mistake? Want to figure out how to repair it? Come here.

He Started Ignoring Me For No Reason-

Postby heartya » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 am

Okay. Basically, I met this guy at the beginning of January through mutual friends and we hit it off right away. Our friends instantly noticed that we had an obnoxiously cute vibe around each other. Naturally, he tried really hard in the beginning and ended up winning me over. He was a gentlemen. We went on several dates, both by ourselves or with a group. Even though it was a long distance thing, he figured out a way to see me every single weekend since we met. He even stayed with me at my parents house and met my entire family. Everything was going almost TOO perfect. BUT... Over the last two weeks, he started getting more stressed and busier because his graduation was coming up, and I understood completely. I never texted him first or complained to him about not talking to me enough, and everything remained fine between us. Valentine's Day was completely normal (since we aren't dating I expected things to possibly be awkward) but he was normal and made more effort to talk to me since he couldn't actually be there with me. Two days later, on the day of his graduation, he was extremely busy. Of course, I understood. However, I did text him first on this day wishing him a good graduation and I asked him to call me when he got a chance. He responded with a simple "Okay." Five hours pass and I still hadn't heard from him so I texted again asking him if he was still busy. He responded with "gimme a minute." I didn't respond and waited patiently. Two more hours pass and I'm frustrated by this point so I send him a message telling him to forget it. (I was only so eager to talk to him because we hadn't seen each other in two weeks and I had figured out a way to be able to see him the next day-free ride, a place to stay, everything. I just wanted to run it by him instead of "just showing up.") Well, that was five days ago and I haven't heard from him since. At first, I ignored him back. Yet, I finally gave in and asked him what's going on? He didn't respond. So I let him know that I'm unsure if I did anything wrong and that I would appreciate an explanation. I sent him a final message saying I had a good time with him the past month or so and that I still care about him, but that I can't fix something when I don't even know what's on his mind. No response, once again. By this point, I freaked and assumed we were over so I deleted him of Facebook and Twitter and out of my phone so I won't contact him anymore. I may not have handled things the way I should've, but the damage is done. I guess my only question is, what the hell could've happened?
heartya

Re: He Started Ignoring Me For No Reason-

Postby bedazzle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:57 pm

You started well supporting him through the stress by being understanding and not initiating giving him space. And you said everything remaind fine between you.

As soon as you started expecting/demanding a response and texting too much when he was clearly busy you probably came across needy. The first text of wishing him happy g day was good and he responded. While OK may not be what you wanted to hear, he did respond. Then the second text was still relatively ok and he still responded. After that I think is when things went down hill. You should have probably stopped after the first and just waited until he contacted you.

You played out a scenario in your head and sent him texts as if this scenario were the truth.

For him he was busy, enjoying his graduation and hanging out with friends and family. During this time he is getting these moody texts from a girl. How would you have felt if it was in the reverse.

I think what happened is you came across as needy and a little psycho and it turned him off. Sorry.
bedazzle

Postby heartya » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm aware that I probably came off as a psycho; in my opinion, most girls are. Some are just better at hiding it than others. In my defense, we were just that way with each other. He was just as psycho, if not worse. Like I said, we weren't dating. After knowing me for only a week, he went through my phone for who knows what reason (He doesn't know that I know about that.) Also, it was he who would ask who I was with or where I was going. I always avoided asking questions like that. Not to mention, he would get semi-rowdy (he's a fighter) around my guy friends, who I assured him were just friends. So one time since knowing him, I was a little over-emotional and it destroyed everything. Judging by that, we probably wouldn't have worked out anyway. Thanks for responding!
heartya

Postby bedazzle » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 am

I agree most women are psycho. I myself have watched myself do some nutty things. As we mature though it gets better. You get to a point where you don't give a sh&t about what a man does. I still have stupid stuff rattling around in my head but I don't need to act on it.

Your story about him certainly adds a new dynamic. He does sound like a bit of a psycho with some insecurity issues.

I am not so sure your over-emotional response did that much damage then. A healthy man would have run but this guy is not there yet. I am guessing he will probably get back in touch with you.

The question you want to ask yourself is if you want to be with a guy who snoops and is jealous. That could turn out worse in the long run.
bedazzle

Postby jan259 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I agree most women are psycho. I myself have watched myself do some nutty things. As we mature though it gets better. You get to a point where you don't give a sh&t about what a man does.

Hell yeah! That is sooo true! When I was younger I would care and chase after they guy but now I do not care. See ya! I am not driving by anyone's house nor checking up on him. I say whatever. None of it is worth the energy. My life is passing by and I am not going to miss it over some stupid crap. If he wants to leave then leave.
jan259

Postby daisyduke1842 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am

In My opinion you did not act Crazy at all. Three text messages make you crazy? Well watch out then half of the human race must be border line psychotic. Listen doll, you sound like a super sweet and adorable girl so i am going to be honest with you. He is a douche bag! Plain and simple! You only asked for his attention and out of what you have said here it seems like it was not you that ended the relationship. I would not be surprised if somewhere along the way you hear from him with some sort of excuse for why he didnt respond. I went through something almost exactly like this and i can tell you from experiance that once you get older you realize that true love means embracing someones crazy. He is not the one for you baby girl! If he was he would have stopped at nothing to see you smile! Find a local boy who will love and adore you, who will see your worth even when you are unsure of it sometimes. The most important thing to remember is dont give up on love. It sucks and its hard to find but the more you grow the more you understand. Take this experiance for what it is, a chance to grow as a person. Get to know yourself and how you are in a relationship, because then you know what type of guy you want to be with. Good luck sunshine, dont stop smiling!
daisyduke1842

Postby heartya » Wed May 30, 2012 3:47 am

You're too sweet. It was months ago and I'm just now seeing your response, but it really made me smile. Thank you! I'm SO over that guy and on to more important and interesting things.
heartya

Return to Did I Screw Up My Relationship?