How long is too long to wait to hear I LOVE YOU?

"Help! I’m so confused."

How long is too long to wait to hear I LOVE YOU?

Postby LookEast1979 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:38 pm

First off I want to start by saying that I have a wonderful relationship with my boyfriend, he is sweet, honest, caring and takes every opportunity to show me how amazing he thinks I am and how much he cares for me. BUT after a year of being together I know that I am in love with him and want to be with him forever because he is like my soul mate, my best friend and I cant imagine my life without him in it. I thought he loved me but was maybe too scared to say it since he had only said it once before so I flat out asked him one night "do you love me?" and he said "I dont know yet." What does this mean? how can he act in the ways that he does towards me and not love me? Its really baffling to me.

And I forgot to mention that there is a few year gap between us, he is in his early twenties and I am almost 30. I really dont know what to do because I dont want to stay with him for another year and get to a point where Im thinking where is this going? if it's not going to end in marriage you know?

At what point do I walk away even though there is nothing wrong with the relationship besides the fact he hasnt said I love you. I want to feel secure and know all this time I have invested in this relationship has some sort of pay off so to speak. Is this wrong? Im so confused what should I do?
LookEast1979

Re: How long is too long to wait to hear I LOVE YOU?

Postby txshim » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm

I think he genuinely likes you. But he's so young and doesn't know what love means. If I were you, I would try to enjoy the relationship, and try not to think so much ahead. That's the price you pay when you have a younger man. I am in the same situation and I totally understand how you feel. Don't worry about what he says, and pay attention to what he does. You will find your answer.
txshim

Return to Why is he doing this?