My boyfriend told me he wanted to marry me....

He's saying or doing something and you want to know what it means...

My boyfriend told me he wanted to marry me....

Postby lilbittie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 pm

While he was drunk....

We've only been together 2 months! I know he didn't mean it but it bothered me. We went on vacation together and stayed with his father, sister and other family members. It was the first time I met his family He told everyone while he was mildly drunk that we were going to get married by next summer. Then as the night went on he while he was becoming more and more intoxicated he kept telling everyone that we were getting married. I went inside to get another drink and he came up behind me, very gently grabbed me and whispered in my ear he wanted to marry me. My reaction was asking for another alcoholic beverage and it upset him. I didn't know what to say to him.

I know that being drunk is kind of like a truth serium but I didn't feed into it. The next morning when he woke up, I laughed at him. I told him that we were getting married next summer. He knew exactly what I meant by that. He tried to play it off like it was just the alcohol talking and told me that I shouldn't listen to anything that he said while he was drunk. However, his family started to ask when the wedding date was and if we were getting married on the beach. He told everyone that he was going to marry me some day. I felt so awkward. On the car ride home I wanted to talk about what went on but he shut me down.

I just don't know how to handle this situation because I've never been in it. I'm not sure what to say to him.
lilbittie

Re: My boyfriend told me he wanted to marry me....

Postby DoubleDimp22 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 am

He does want to marry you. It's as simple as that. He introduced you to the family and when he was sober he said he did want to marry you some day. Maybe not as soon as next summer, but who knows? Love can be surprising. If i were you I would talk to him about it, just to make sure everything is out in the open and cleared, but to me it sounds like you've got a keeper on your hands. Much Love and Good Luck! :)
DoubleDimp22

Return to What Does It Mean When He...