Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

"Help! I’m so confused."

Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

Postby Lareinam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:36 pm

I've been seeing this guy for a month. First couple weeks were greats. After a couple weeks He stopped texting me and i can understand that he's busy. When I text him though he always says we should meet up. We're both busy people and our schedules don't match up so half the time when he asks me out I turn him down. For the past two weeks it's been me that initiates contact. I texted him 3 times with 4/5 days span in between. We finally decided on this Friday. My question is should I contact him on Friday for our date or should I wait for him to contact me. He's confusing me because he's giving me mixed signals. He says he wants to see me but at the same time he hasn't made any effort in the past two weeks to contact me
Lareinam

Re: Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

Postby MusikIsLife » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Girl, take action! The signs says that he clearly likes you! If he says no, SO WHAT!? There are plenty more fish in the sea. It took me a while to realize that. B/c @least you tried and didn't waste time trying to find an answer. Good luck! Wish you the absolute best!
MusikIsLife

Re: Am I trying too hard? Should I let go

Postby JaiJai » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:02 pm

You might be trying a little too hard in my opinion. After the first two weeks he stopped texting you. For the next two weeks you were making initial contact (pursuing him). I'm not saying he isn't interested in you, I don't honestly know cause I'm not him but you definitely have reversed the roles in the last few weeks and now he will expect you to contact him.

i don't think he's really giving you mixed signals here. A lack of him making the initial contact usually means he's just so-so about you. Meaning he can take it or leave it at this point in dating you. And the fact that you've been contacting him and responds means he probably just hasn't made up his mind yet about you and will continue to see you if, if you ask.

Here's my advice. Since you have a date for Friday and you initiated it then by all means contact him on that day and say "looking forward to tonight". Don't say anything like, "so are we still on for tonight? I haven't heard from you and I was wondering". Be confident. After the date on Friday, I would not contact him first. Let him be the first to contact you again. If he doesn't, then you've got your possible answer. If he does, then great keep seeing him. Remember to always mirror his effort towards you back to him. In other words, don't invest more into him then he appears to be investing in you especially in the early stages of dating.

I hope it all works out.
Good Luck!
JaiJai

Return to Why is he doing this?