what to do when a guy says he doesn't want a relationship

Does he want out or does he just need some space?

what to do when a guy says he doesn't want a relationship

Postby thatgal » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 pm

What do you do when a guy tells you he doesn't want a relationship after you just spent the past few months seeing him on a regular basis and fell for him? How do you feel better and should you see him again just once in awhile on his terms?
thatgal

Re: what to do when a guy says he doesn't want a relationshi

Postby alison_89 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Believe him when he says he doesn't want a relationship, you can't change someone or make them commit if they're not ready. Stop while you're still ahead and give him his space. If he does text or call again don't go running back into his arms right away. Text him back in a couple hours and maybe say you already have plans but you're available the next day. If he sees your busy and not waiting around for him, maybe he will change his mind about the relationship thing because he will see you're not dependant on a relationship or a man to make you happy. But some guys really do mean it when they say they don't want a relationship so don't get your hopes up. It's best to move on if that's what you're after, that way in the end you didn't waste any more time on him or if he does come around- the ball is in your court and u get to decide if u still want to pursue him.
alison_89

Postby alison_89 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 pm

And I can't exactly offer you the best advice for getting over him because I know how hard it can be. I just think it takes time and moving on with your life to heal everything. Also hanging out with your friends and going to the gym are both good distractions.
alison_89

Postby unbounded » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree with alison. I also think, as long as you're getting on with your own life and enjoying yourself without him as a central element to your happiness, that it's ok to see him on occasion as a friend. But not "just" on his terms. Do what YOU feel comfortable with and want - independently of whether or not there is any future potential for a relationship with him.
unbounded

Postby Leatherandlace » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:14 am

http://www.anewmode.com/dating-relationships/guy-relationship-walk/ and I think you should pray! You are beautiful! God and Jesus love you and have amazing plans for you! You should pray if you want, and believe! They are always with you. You are always loved and never alone! If you pray for something for the right reasons and have true faith Jesus and God will make it come real, They WILL! :))) They will forgive you of anything and everything you repent for. You are a beautiful wonderful loved amazing person:)<3.
Leatherandlace

Return to Guy Is Withdrawing