When is it OK to start calling a man?

Need help meeting men or getting men to approach you?

When is it OK to start calling a man?

Postby BettyBoop » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:22 am

I know when you are first getting to know a man it is best to let him do all the calling and asking out. How do you know when the time is right that you can start calling him first? Is it ever OK, before the boyfriend/girlfriend stage, to call a man or to initiate plans?
BettyBoop

Re: When is it OK to start calling a man?

Postby armana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 am

Umm... I think I am a bit non-traditional in my approach to things. I don't pay attention much to gender roles, etc... Actually, I find most of that trying to apply those kinds of things in my life becomes quite tedious...

When is it okay to start calling a man? Um... Whenever you would like I would say.

There are different factors that are involved in deciding to call someone.

For example, if you met a man today while out and you exchanged numbers after a short conversation (and not because of time constraints), calling him that night might not make much sense. The conversation being short may be an indication that although there was a connection, it was not a very strong one.

BUT what if you met a man today and you had a two hour conversation and had to be virtually dragged away from each other? Calling him to wish him a good night (not to have a drawn out long conversation) seems quite reasonable.

NOW here something that is very very very very (did I mention very?) imporant: Calling someone once is okay. Calling/Texting someone on repeat is NOT okay (especially at odd hours). This is often the problem I think for women.

For some strange reason, many of believe that men have forgotten how to respond to that "Missed Call" message or the sound of their phone ringing... or beeping because of the new voicemail. Well, they haven't. If a man has not answered you, it is not because he suddenly lost his hands or his voice, or developed amnesia... It is his choice not to answer.

So... Taking all of that into consideration: Again, when is it okay to start calling a man?

Whenever you feel like it in my opinion. As long as you can treat him and yourself with respect.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Armana
In every moment... a choice...
armana

Postby BettyBoop » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Thank you, Armana. Your answer makes a lot of sense.
BettyBoop

Postby armana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:25 pm

No worries. ;)

A
In every moment... a choice...
armana

Postby QuietGirl » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:35 am

I say wait til he's your boyfriend
QuietGirl

Postby sweetanavaleria15 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 pm

I GUESS...that is cool and fine to call him, but be sure that he gets your number too. so he would call you too. XD

of course don't stalk him, most girls do.
sweetanavaleria15

Postby JaiJai » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:21 pm

I always feel it's best to let him call you until you are committed to one another. The only exceptions I ever make to that is if he asks me to call him at a certain time for some reason or if we have plans and I need to alter them or I am running late. But to just call him to make small talk or say hello prior to us being exclusive to each other; sadly often comes across as needy to them (I know doesn't me we're needy but it's a fine line in most men's minds). If you want him to know you're thinking of him sending the occasional short, cute, flirty text will allow him to know you're still there and usually spurs him to respond with a call or text.
Good Luck!
JaiJai

Return to How to Have Men Approach You